Last updated: July 1, 2018.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Van Gelder Gather?
The information we learn from visitor helps us personalize and continually improve your Van Gelder experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our web site, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Van Gelder.
What Type of Cookies Does Van Gelder Use?
If you use the Van Gelder Jewellery website without changing your settings, we assume that you agree with receiving the cookies on our website. Van Gelder uses functional / tracking cookies, that are necessary to provide the services on the website. Our website provides links or ‘buttons’ to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from that of Van Gelder Jewellery. The personal information you may submit to that website is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. On the website social media buttons are included to promote web pages or parts thereof on social networks like Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. These buttons work through snippets of code derived from this respective third party itself. As a result, when you use such button or page you may be presented with cookies from these websites and these third party cookies may track your use of the Van Gelder Jewellery website. Van Gelder Jewellery does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information about the use of your (personal) data they process through these cookies.
Does Van Gelder Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our visitors is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We only release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Van Gelder, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers or visitors for commercial purposes.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We do not save personal information about visitors on our web site.
- We use reasonable security methods to safeguard the information we collect from you through the Web site. Van Gelder shall secure and process the personal data in accordance with the Dutch Privacy Act ( Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens).However, because no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of your data on our servers. In addition, because internet communication is unsecure, we cannot warrant the security of your information or guarantee that the information you transmit to our Web site may not be intercepted, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
Accessing And Correction Your Information
Van Gelder Indian Jewellery
5211 LE ’s-Hertogenbosch
+31 (0)73 303 48 00